About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Winter Daytime Quarters

If you have never heard of a spoiled brat little rooster, you can say you have after reading this today.

As you all know, Phoenix is THE pet chicken. He has a pen on the back porch. He sleeps in pillows and towels on the back of the couch at night in our bedroom. He gets apple juice, or sweet tea, lima beans, wheat bread, things like that for his supper. He gets to go travelling with me. He loves being held and rubbed under his wings. He is basicly spoiled. I would not say this, but he does pitch a fit over his new daytime quarters, and I mean a fit. I have to cover the cage or he will pace and just lose his mind! Making frantic noises like he is just being tortured!

It is too cold sometimes for him to go out on the porch during the day. This big parrot cage was given to me by Ians dad and his wife over the holidays, so I thought, oh this will be perfect for the cold days, he can stay inside and stay warm, but I wont have to watch him and clean up little poop balls.

He has other ideas about this. I swear Ian and I both think he does this because it makes a loud loud BANG when he does it. He will jump off the ledge, perch thing I have set up for him in there and hit the bottom with a HUGE CLANG BAM sound. He sounds like he weighs 20 pounds! It is kind of funny.

I do have the blinds open for him so he can see outside. He seems to like that okay. Every now and then one of the girls (bad chickens out of the fence) will stray into his view and he will just lose his mind over it.

The past few days have been warm so he has gotten a reprieve from the dreaded prison confines of the cage. (Funny how a bird twice his size was in it and was fine with it, but he acts like he is in a torture chamber)

Here he is...don't you feel sorry for him...poor pitiful thing...BWAH HA HA HA...spoiled brat!

 

P1060003 P1060004

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha that's cute.  I bet he is the only spoiled pet chicken like him!!  lol  He doesn't realize how lucky he is that's all!  

Anonymous said...

Awww, Poor thing knows his freedom of the run of the house is gone LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh he is spoiled!  How funny!
traci

Anonymous said...

Oh he is such a poor beautiful thing and spoiled too. Better let that brat out right now. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh he looks sooooo cute peeping out of his prison bars!!!  LOL  Next he'll pick up that feed bowl and clang it against the bars...he is sweet.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

He's standing there thinking......"LET  ME OUT OF THIS PRISON RIGHT NOW! YOU KNOW THAT I AM THE BOSS AROUND HERE!"  LOL

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Oh he hates being humbled!  What a brat.  You have spoiled him rotten.  I am always surprised to hear that birds that I will eat have emotions and feelings.  This journal has continuously been an eye opener for me.


Nelishia

Anonymous said...

he is a beautiful spoiled boy!!!!!

Followers