About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tractor Supply Goodies-Speckles Videos

Good Tuesday morning. I dont really know why, but I have been awake since about 3 a.m. Guess I was just having one of those sleepless nights I have every now and then. I got on up, took a shower, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Gave Speckles his medicine and held him for a little bit. We rocked in the rocker while watching the local morning news. After Ian left for work I thought I may be getting sleepy, but I wasn't so I started the coffee, and here I sit. I know it will catch up with me this afternoon when it is raining.

************************

So, I went to Tractor Supply you know, and ended up with some goodies on sale. The stuff they have there is so neat, but so expensive. You can bet they always end up marking things down like the toys and whatnots. Here are the two things I got on sale.

LOVED this plate...at Christmas time it was FOURTY DOLLARS!!! Marked  75 percent off, I got it for ten dollars, much more reasonable.

 

P1290003

Had my eye on this towel and potholder set since Christmas too...it was FIFTEEN DOLLARS! Got it for five dollars.

 

P1290005

Here is a close up of the plate in case you couldnt read what it said on the first picture.

 

P1290004

If I manage not to break it over the years, it will be passed down to Shelby.

*******************

Speckles is still sneezing and has congestion, but he is in good spirits. Yesterday I let him perch on the back of one of the dining room chairs (with a blanket on the back for grip) and look out the window. He seemed very pleased about this. So as I went about my work in the kitchen he was doing this...

 

 

 

Well its time for me to go see what everyone else is up to in Jland. :) Have a good day today...I sure am going to try to.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speckles is a nice little roo.  I saw that plate at Tractor supply too.  I think you are supposed to hand it around the family with goodies on it!  I like Tractor Supply too.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I like your goodies!  Yuck about you not being able to sleep.  I don't have too many of those nights.  I sure wouldn't be doing housework, though!  LOL
Get a nap later!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Aww he is one handsome bird.  So how often do they poo? lol  Just wondering if they would make a mess in the house?  I have my hubby interested in your journal now after that mouse hunt you showed lol.  Hey, maybe he will get me some chickens yet ;)!  And Nic LOVES the chicken videos!  Between Kyan over at Chrissie's house and your chickens I could keep the kid happy all day long! lol  

Anonymous said...

Oh look at him sitting there so proud and looks as if he owns the place!!!  How cool ~ it is so awesome you have them in your house.  I love the plate, what a good deal you got on it too!  Forty bucks is way too pricey for a plate in my opinion!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your newly acquired gems....(It's always a gem when you get it for a steal)...
Speckles is a beauty sitting there proud . He looks so happy....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I want to steal those towels and potholders! you suck!!!!! LOL :) I love ya :) Awesome buys! Congrats

Anonymous said...

Love the towel set it would just perfect in my kitchen. Since I can't have chickens I am making up for it in my kitchen.

Hugs to you

Sunny

Anonymous said...

Kelly loved your plate the verse is great ~ and what a bargain price ~
the towel and pot holder will be really at home in your kitchen ~
Speckles look lovely sitting looking out of the window ~ hope he will be fully fit soon ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

You did very good on your purchases at TSC.  I seen the same plate at the one in Carrollton during Christmas.  I looked after Christmas & it was gone.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Liked the chicken poo course. You sure know your stuff. Like the buys you made at Tractor Supply too. I love country decorations. Paula

Anonymous said...

what a handsome man speckles is!!!!

Followers