About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Friday, January 25, 2008

For Becky

Okay, Becky asks, what drives me crazy..well first of all...its a short drive..he he..a really short drive, cause these two cars dont MOVE.

In all our years together, it seems that we are always plagued with what I call...

BROKEN CAR SYNDROME

Yes, we are destined to forever have at least one broken car that sits, waiting for that one day that it might get the part it needs (usually a MAJOR part) to run freely on the roads again. But alas, there is no time, the man of the house must work, the lady of the house ain't fixin' it, so there it sits. Not one, but TWO identical cars. Identical in every way, both a 35th Anniversary edition Thunderbird. One is an automatic, the other a stick shift.

I say it drives me crazy, but I have accepted my fate and decided that well, in the scheme of things...it just doesn't really matter. This did used to drive me nuts.

We had a 240Z under the carport for years at the old house. It was his teenage car. Then we had the  EXP in the drive for a long time, then there was a white Thunderbird. Then we actually went for quite a while before having it happen again. Now I just don't care. Why let it bother me? I don't even see them sitting there anymore. LOL

 

 

 

P9210001 P9210004

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....that would drive me nuts
becky

Anonymous said...

I think they make your lawn look nice!  
:)

Anonymous said...

Broken car syndrome!?? We have that!  

AND I was over visiting Kelly and now I finally GET that last entry! lol  MAN O MAN!   The things that confuse me!  Anyway yes, baby chickens but especially the your lil man crowing on video ;)  

Anonymous said...

Now that is funny!  How do you end up with two identical cars?  At least they look clean and they aren't rusty with bee hives inside them.

Anonymous said...

Why sure!!  Got to have one to drive and one for parts!!  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

OH, I'd be irritated.  Big time.  I have an ex from a hundred years ago who collected so many cars for parts the city kept giving him citations.  The yard looked like a junkyard seriously!  He was so attached to the hunks of metal.  He still has them.  I've been long gone for uncountable years. lol  

I hope we don't catch what Broken Car syndrome.  We're barely hanging onto what we've got right now.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

the dead car syndrome is part and parcel of farm life-- seems like where i grew up (rural mass) every farmer worth his/ her salt had a 'mechanical graveyard' somewhere on the property where old motorized things went to die, cars, combines, etc. . .

my fondest memories of being little were of chasing chickens and finding random eggs  :D

Followers