About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow, Sleet, Cloudy, Cold, Wet, Rainy

The above seems to be the theme for today and tomorrow. Plenty of winter weather to go around, anyone lacking? You can have all you want of mine. ;) Really, I don't mind. Take it all if you are so inclined.

This would be a good time to spread our wings...

 

P1070077

and fly away south for the winter. Or...we could just huddle together and try to keep warm til it all passes...

 

P1070080 P1070079

Now is certainly no time to be caught out in the wind and exposed...

 

P4170014

So everyone stay warm...think of some past memory that reminds you of sun and fun...

 

P9250222

and maybe it will help to get through winter. So lets conjure up good warm memories and soon we will be out getting our gardens ready...

 

P4170026

mowing that fresh green grass...can you smell it? Nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass...

 

P7160036

It wont be too much longer. January is half over. So lets remember...that warm sunny days are ahead. It will come...it always does. We just have to be patient, and it will come.

 

P3130037

I hope everyone has a good day today...I am going to be going out early to feed and water as we are having some nasty weather to come in and so...time to put on the muck boots and some gloves and a coat and get to it. :)

Thankyou for your kind comments on the passing of our Kitten, it is very much appreciated.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We may get some of that bad weather also but you live further North than us so your chances are better than ours to get it. Great pictures. That flower is beautiful. Take care during this messy weather. Take some pictures to show us if you get any snow or ice. Come on Spring. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Kelly your weather sounds awful ~ hope your chics can keep nice and warm ~ loved the pictures especially the one with the Dolphin ~ Roll on Spring lets have some nice warn sunshine ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

WOW alot of grass to mow it must take days to cut. Love your weather here it's kind of like yours very windy, Santa Anas whippping up a lot. Can not wait for the lessons. Email me at any time.


Sunny

Anonymous said...

What a great entry!

Anonymous said...

I used to get alerts from you. Don't know what happened. We had two chickens that we enjoyed but something got them both. Do you have chickens come up missing? How do you protect them from hawks or coyotes? We really miss our chickens.

Anonymous said...

What nice pictures.  What is the pink flower on the bottom?  Linda

Anonymous said...

Kelly....what a beautiful entry.  It seems like Spring already.  Thanks for that.  Colt & I are enjoying the snow just a little though.  It's kind of a treat since we don't get it very much.  Colt is hoping for a snow day tomorrow.  I guess we'll see.  Keep warm.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

cute intery I love the picture of the roster on the fence. I hope you stay warm!
Terrie

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry, the pictures were perfect with what you were saying.  I love the "exposed" shot, that is just great.  I am counting the days...hours till it is warm again.  Stay warm & dry, the nasty weather you are talking about is headed our way.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those pics make me  nice and warm feeling inside! lol I need that today..it's cold here and snowing like crazy!  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me stay warm with laughter. I'm still chuckling about the picture with his tail feathers caught in the wind. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

 SUNDAY NIGHT  1030  READY FOR BED TIME,  WANTED TO SAY  I LIKED
THE LAST ENTRY  AND ITS PICTURES OF EACH THING YOU WERE TALKING
ABOUT.   AND ESPECIALLY THE OLD BUTT BLOW OF THAT ROOSTER HA
AND BEAUTIFUL FLOWER,,  THE PLOWING AND GREEN GRASS MADE ME FEEL
LIKE ALL THIS WAS JUST AROUND THE CORNER,,  GOOD JOB.. THANKS
LOVE U        DADDY

Followers