About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chicks are Growing So Fast

Well, here I sit this afternoon, stuck inside for the day. It is raining off and on.

I am trying to catch Rusty in the act of crowing, yes, crowing, if you can call it that. He has been 'squeaking' for over a week now. I didnt even realize what the noise was at first!

I have never had a 'chick' cockeral this young try to crow! It is just unreal. He thinks he is big man too. Strutting his stuff. I took him out yesterday to cuddle him and his big man self decided it was still okay to be a chick and took his little head and snuggled and cuddled  up against me.

Chickens do cuddle. Don't believe me? Think I am nuts? Chicks will cuddle their mamas, wedge themselves under a wing...so why not? If you cuddle them through to adulthood, they carry that over with them. Phoenix does it. Who doesnt like a nice warm cuddle?

I don't have him crowing on video yet, but I will. It is just so pitiful! But funny at the same time. For now, here is a short video of the three of them doing chick things. I also included a picture for dial up folks. I know how that is. It wasnt that long ago I was not able to view so many wonderful videos posted by other journalers.

 

P1220002

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how they have grown. Rusty is quite the big man. Already scratching and calling for the others to come get his find LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Love seeing your chickens! I miss mine! :(

Anonymous said...

They sure getting big.
Sunny

Anonymous said...

Awww, they're so cute!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Oh my gosh Rusty is a little critter isn't he. I can't imagine one so young crowing either....that must be something to hear. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh my!  Adorable!!  They sure are growing fast!  Can't wait to hear him make some noise lol that would be so cute!

Anonymous said...

They look like perfect little chicken ornaments. thoughtful of you to include a picture for us dial-uppers. Paula

Anonymous said...

he DOES think he is the stuff, doesn't he?????

Followers