About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Rods Photo Shoot

If ever there were a total ham for the camera in the chicken world I am positive it would be Sultans. Although originating in southeastern Europe, they became very popular in Turkey, where they were known as Sultans Fowl.   

I know the pictures are big, but I just had to make them big, as he is just so impressive. I love this guy, he will be perfect for showing. He is friendly and very photogenic and poses like his life depended on it.

Here is Rod...full grown now. Remember when these were those funny looking bumpy head babies back in late January?

   

P1070054

 

P1070065 P1070058

He was so happy to be out in the sun and on the grass...but he was also excited to see me and wanted some petting and hugs so I kept having to scoot back and put him back out away from me so I could take the pictures. He is just so lovey! Don't believe me? Everytime I come to the pen and talk to him he comes to me, dances his fool head off and wants to be held and loved. No lie.

 

P1070050

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty he is with the sun shining on his tail feathers making them almost translucent. A loving guy. By the way I don't blame you for being irritated at Ian yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable!  I have to go back and check them out as babies now. lol I wasn't reading way back then.  I just want to cuddle with him!  

Anonymous said...

He's a pretty boy!!!!  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

He's BEAUTIFUL!
:)

Anonymous said...

What a ham!
Traci

Anonymous said...

yes, what a beautiful boy!!!!

Anonymous said...

One of these pictures begs to be framed. Paula

Anonymous said...

He is indeed impressive, absolutely beautiful!!!!  I do remember when they were just little wee babies, my how handsome he is now.  People don't eat these kind of chickens do they?
Lisa

Anonymous said...

He is quiet the beautiful boy and sounds like he is in love with you.  What a ham!

Nelishia

Followers