About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Community Photo Challenge

Community Photo Challenge-"BEGINNINGS"

To start off the New Year & a New Photo Challenge we have decided to make the first challenge "BEGINNINGS" Any goes as long as it represents beginnings.  New baby, budding flowers, baby birds, sunrises...You can use your own file photo(past photos) for this one.  Not many rules here. Try to be creative--presentation is important, even if you just add a small border around the photo so it doesn't get lost on the background of your journal.

This was hard to pick just one photo. In the rules it says the first picture posted will be the one that is used in the challenge. I had two I wanted to put on here and had to decide which one was going to count. I chose this one...my second choice being the one below it. Hope I chose the right one. :)

 

PC060004 P5050001

I regret that I have no fancy border. I was told the blue line around these may suffice. I hope so. The reason I didnt choose the second picture is because it was taken before I had a digital camera and is not as clear and crisp of a photo. It is still a good representation of New Beginnings though..so it was a tough call.

The first picture is of the first of three Serama babies I hatched just weeks ago.

The second is my first Japanese Silver Phoenix to hatch last Spring.

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till I can move back out into the country and have some baby chicks running around!  Never having to pay for eggs again is payment enough! ;) I'm not a big fan of the roos though.  We had a couple of really mean, nasty ones at the shelter I used to work at.  You had to take a pitchfork with you out to the pasture to avoid being attacked.  (Who knew those little birds could do so much damage to a human!!!) My husband makes fun of me when I eat meat because I hate the way livestock is treated but anytime I have chicken, I just say, it was a roo, I don't mind.  Although we did have some very mild mannered boys as well.  One that my brother was in love with.  He seemed to be gender confused.  He was always making nests for his chicks and if you couldn't see his head, you really thought it was a hen clucking and carrying on.  I always wondered, how do you tell a fertile egg from a non fertile when you pull them from the nests?  I never wanted a rooster because I was afraid I wouldn't know that one was fertilized and end up aborting a little baby chick.
Jamie

Anonymous said...

love both of these!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you chose correctly.

Anonymous said...

These are perfect Kelly. Let the voting begin this weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

these are a perfect addition to the beginning's challenge!  :)  Just adorable.  

Anonymous said...

i love both of them.  good job!!
gina

Anonymous said...

These are amazing....new baby chicks are perfect for this challenge!
Thank you for sharing~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures and perfect for the theme.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think you made a wonderful choice.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Perfect choice!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.  My first attempt at hatching chickens was brutal.   Glad to see someone has success.  The first picture is wonderful but I like both.


                          Julie

Anonymous said...

You did choose right! I love that first photo...and the sharpness of the detail in the feathers makes it perfect! Both shots fit the topic, but the first one was the right choice. :)
Vicki

Anonymous said...

That is neat.I used to raise parakeets and never thought about taking a pic of a hatchling...
connie

Anonymous said...

So cool!!!
Martha
http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/perception/entries/2008/01/09/aol-community-photo-challenge/615

Anonymous said...

great choices
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/entries/2008/01/05/-community-photo-challenge-beginnings-/2732

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos!  Good Luck.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...this is so good!  At first, I had no idea what I was looking at...lol!

Great job.

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2008/01/07/beginnings/2129

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful choice! they are so darling....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - Cool captures!
_rRose
http://journals.aol.com/rrveh1/WAIT-NOTYET-/

Followers