About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just A Few Pictures and Ramblings

Good morning. :)

Our stretch of warm sunny weather is about to come to an end for now here. The clouds are rolling in and the weather guessers say we are in for some severe thunderstorms and wind tonight, then it is going to cool back down. It was nice while it lasted.

*********************

Day two, and no sign of the jack russell terrier..so far so good.

*********************

Before I had outdoor animals of any kind I didn't really mind what the weather was doing. Having shelter for them is some comfort, but a few don't have the good sense to get inside those shelters. The horse being one. I know I am not alone in this phenomenon as Donna has told me Blue will stand out in it too, even though there is a fine shelter waiting. I have a few birds that insist on roosting on TOP of the shelters instead on IN them. Bubba is ALWAYS on the fence, no matter what the weather at night. The only ones that have good sense are the pigs. They dont budge when it is rainy. They stay inside their house, all day if they have to.

********************

Today is grocery day, so I got to cut coupons and make a list. I need to get over to the feed store for sure shortly before the rain comes in. Got to feed and water early today, put out a bale of hay in the pigs quarters.

Saving...

Well I had commentary under these three pictures. I went to save and it made me sign in! Then it proceeded to tell me journals were unavailable. Of course then the pictures and the commentary were gone..so I will just add the pictures AGAIN..and let it go at that.

Johnny is first, then Hank relaxing in the sun, then my three guineas.

 

P1070005 P1070008 P1070003

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would think those animals would want to get out of the rain! lol  Is that proof that pigs are smarter??

Anonymous said...

Good that the Jack Russel has not been seen. I hope they have taken responsibliity for him. Yes we are expection bad weather through here also. You are a good animal keeper to keep your stock so well provided for. Those pictues are great. I sometimes hear those guineas in your movie clips. Helen

Anonymous said...

Our nice weather is coming to an end too.....boohoo.  Funny how some animals just don't seem to mind the weather, I often think it bothers me a lot more than them.  Have fun grocery shopping, that is something I hate to do!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the dog hasn't shown back up.  Maybe it did do some good.  Johnny is beautiful.  I don't know if I've seen him before or not.  The guineas make me think of my grandmother.  She is gone now, but she used to have guineas when I was a kid.  I loved to hear them.  They have the weirdest sound.  Stay safe tonight.  We're supposed to have rough weather here too.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

God I am so JEALOUS!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

johnny looks like he should be on a calender!!!!!!!

Followers