About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Friday, January 4, 2008

My Chicken Buddy Kay

Journal To "Kay's Backyard Nest" <CLICK HERE

 

Kay is such a caring sweet person. She is my chicken buddy. I got her started journaling a while back. She sent me some silkie eggs from her silkie flock at no charge when I lost three of mine to a fox. I was so greatful.

Now Kay is having a rough time of it and I wanted to ask anyone that would to please go over to her journal and give her some encouraging words.

She has been in the hospital, and because of recovery time from surgery is being pressed about her job, not able to be with her animals.

She has made four entries in a continuation of what has been happening to her so you will have to go back four entries and start there.

I wish I had some advice for her, some insight on what she should do, but I just am at a loss. She is staying at her Dads right now, which I think is a good move. She can recover in peace there.

Love you Kay. (((HUGS)))

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the popup on the corner on my screen. thank you. i do have a favor, cheer up to ask u. Take some pics? Of the silkies and any other chickens, anything to cheer me up :) Thanks, you're a great friend!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you.  I  will give her a visit too.  Nothing like the j-land community to help cheer a person up.  They've been there for me many, many times.

Nelishia

Anonymous said...

This is sad...I will head over there to read tonight..heading out now but I will get there and say hi.  She's got a good friend in you :)  And you in her also!!  That was so nice of her to give you those eggs.  We all need friends like that!!  

Anonymous said...

Kelly you're such a great friend to so many people!  I went over to visit your friend Kay.  I hope she gets better soon.  You let us know how it goes.  Have a great weekend.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

You are such a nice friend. I went over to wish her well. Paula

Anonymous said...

Wow 26 and had such a major surgery already.  How awful.  I'll definitely keep up with her.  
Jamie

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your friend is having a rough time of it, I will be sure to stop over and offer my support.
Lisa

Followers