About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chicken Cam

http://www.flyingskunk.com/live.html

Good morning, up above is a site I have had in my favorites for a very long time, and for some reason up until now havent thought to post it. Matter of fact, it kind of slipped my mind that I could now see it in full motion live now that I have DSL. So I was watching goats and chickens for a little bit with my coffee this morning. :)

*************************

Yesterday managed to be a discombobulated day. Everything was just a little off track.

The farrier stopped by unannounced, and I didnt hear him at the door, but he left his card. I had to call him back and we made a sort of appointment for Derbys scheduled hoof trim for tomorrow or the first of next week. If I can remember, I will have to take a video of him doing one of his feet, that might be cool to post.

Then I opened my (mail order) prescriptions, and two were missing! I called right away, but they didnt have a record of the other two! I sent TWO slips of paper...two prescriptions on each. Blah blah, will turn over to supervisor, blah blah, will call back. An hour and a half passed, and me being quite anxious I called them back. Will get on it now, blah blah, will call you right back. This time they did.

The papers were stuck together???? Good grief. So now my other two prescriptions are on the way. I need them NOW.

Then as I am leaving to go to the feed store...I pull to the end of the driveway and see out mailbox...the post it is attached to...leaning up against the side of the post in the ground. Great, someone had hit the mailbox again.

We live on a curve, a slight bend in the road, just enough that if people take it too fast, they clip our mailbox and tear it off. Last year we had to go find it out in the corn.

This morning at 7:30 a.m. (((GOOD GRIEF))) I got a knock on the door. Turns out the man standing there wanted to pay for damages that his wife did when she hit themailbox.

Ian saw two other mailboxes torn off on the road up the street, and thought someone was just vandalizing...but I guess it was a coincidence.

Nice of him to come by and offer, but I bet Ian will just fix it back up there on the post like last time. I took his name and number and Ian can talk to him.

We figure why replace it over and over...because even before we moved here...it happened to the previous owners over and over. Once it has lived out its life we will replace it. Right now it is probably salvagable.

**************************

Went to the feed store as planned, got everything I needed, and well...some extra stuff. ;) It is Christmas clearance time at TSC. I will post a picture of the two things I got later. Good deals though, last ones on  the shelf, I had been looking at them since they were there for Christmas. So I treated myself.

**********************

Getting back home Ian was not home yet, because he was out being a great daddy. Shelby had wanted a particular music CD. I had called around everywhere and no one had it. Turns out Ian was out looking for it on his way home...and he found it. He got lots of hugs and thankyous for the surprise she had when he got home.

We took off for the park, went and did our walking...we are doing 50 minutes now...doing pretty good. I am so proud of all of us for keeping this new exercise time going. It makes it easier when you have everyone going. Its a lot more fun.

*************************

Nothing much going on out in the yard...two silkies are still on eggs...golden phoenix sitting on her eggs. Going to go ahead and let them hatch you know.

Its cold, its wet...but it is supposed to warm up for the weekend...upper fifties to lower sixties. That should help to make everyone happier, including myself. :)

I always like to throw in a picture...so todays picture is of Everett.

 

 

 

 

P1070042 P1070039

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not often you find people coming to tell you they hit your mail box!  that was really nice of him.  Sounds like you had a rough day with your meds and then your mail box.  

Anonymous said...

that  was nice of the man to come & offer to pay for the damage.  That doesn't happen much these days.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

The mail boxes on our country roads look like someone takes a sledge hammer to them. Everett is a nice looking guy. Paula

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that mailboxes always seem to be so vulnerable. When I lived in Missouri, the mailboxes were vandalized constantly. In desperation, one of my neighbors waited outside all night with his shotgun and KILLED one of the vandals (no kidding!). He went to prison, of course. A tragedy for everyone involved.....    Jon

Anonymous said...

it is obvious your birds are taken great care of. they look so healthy and are gorgeous.  Everett i slovely
mailboxes life a rough life, lol.
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Kelly~~
That was very nice of the man to offer to fix the mailbox. Many years ago when I lived in the country, our poor mailbox was the victim of many a high school pranksters beating on our mailbox...LOL. And then the people actually hitting it by accident.
I went over to the chicken webcam and sat there watching for over an hour!!! Between that one and the alpaca ranch one we both watch (www.bluemoonranch.net) my eyes will be watching alpacas and chickens...LOL.
We also just switched over to getting our medicine by mail (3 month supply at a time). Hubby ended up running out of one medication for 4 days!!!! I'm hoping that his doesn't happen every month with Prescription Solutions, the company we use. Well at least we are saving a ton of money in co-pays doing it this way.
Everett is so darn CUTE!! I love him :)

Take care.
Huggers,
Gayla

Followers