About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Mighty Crow From Little Roos

Good Monday afternoon. Now how about this weather we are having? 70 degrees today and sunny! I could do this every day! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the lower 70s, can you believe it! I love it, you know that though.

***********************

Here above is a video I took yesterday of one of two pens of Serama I have. These little guys and gals are just full of life and bustle about. The three babies in the aquarium in the house came from these. Their crow is so full of gusto but comes across as kind of comical, but they do try. :)

***********************

Yesterday evening Ian DID NOT get back in time to go walking. I was disappointed about that because he said he would tell Jay and John he needed to be back by 5.

Ian does so well, til he gets around John and Jay. They are very immature.

At 4:45 with still no signs of Ian I called him on the cell and they were still a good thirty or so minutes away. By the time he got here and we got to the park to walk, it would be almost dark. He says he didnt realize it was that late already but that they were on the way. I said fine, and just resigned myself to not going and going ahead to start supper, chili and cornbread, for three, with leftovers for tonight..do you see where I am going with this?

Time rocked on, and rocked on...it was almost 6:30...no one here yet. I called back...

Ian was hesitant to say what was taking so long. I finally dragged it out of him that they stopped by Taco Mac and had beers.

It is not the fact that they stopped and had beers, it is the fact that he didnt bother to call me to let me know he was not going to be home when I expected him. Is it so much to ask so that I dont worry? No, I wouldnt have really liked it that he stopped off. I wanted him to come home, I hadnt seen him all day. He is the same way with me when I take a trip for the day out of town...he wants me to come back as soon as I can.

When I called they were almost here...and he asked if I was opposed to them coming in and watching one of the Jeff Dunham DVDs.

Sigh...didnt tell him, but I was in the middle of doing the school planner for this week...but whatever. I also told him I was not prepared to feed them, but they were welcome to TOMORROW nights leftovers of chili and cornbread and he would have to figure out what was for supper tonight, as in, take me out to eat since they are going to be eating up tonights dinner. :(

I wasnt really MAD so to speak, just frustrated. I guess that Prozac is working huh. Any other time I would have ripped every one of them a new YOU KNOW WHAT.

***********************

I had a doctors appointment today, check up, pap (YAY...NOT), and blood work. After being poked and prodded I got my pill refills for the year and got on out of there. My BP was alright, not perfect but I get white coat syndrome bad. It was 160/88. That is good for me, and I am on BP meds, two of them. Another good thing was...I have now lost about ten pounds!

YAY FOR ME! :)

Ian was very nice to me on the phone today, being very attentive and talkative. (He is not really all that talkative) Sonny passed by and asked him if he was making up...and he said yeah I am. ;) He told everyone at work he kinda messed up last night. So I guess they are ribbing him for it.

**********************

I still got a kitchen sink of dishes I need to tend to and a load of laundry sitting here next to me so I better get on from here...I will leave you with a few pictures I took yesterday.

 

P1060001

Yes? May we help you?

 

P1060002

Ahhh...she wants to take some pictures of us, and she should because we are the beautiful ones! ;)

This is Thelma, Louise, and Twiggy. We have discovered that Twiggy is in fact a girl, which is fine...it didnt matter either way...we love her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those birds are beautiful!  Love the videos you post and so does my little guy lol  He asked me last night to replay the one from last time 3 times! lol  

Anonymous said...

Those birds are beautiful.  I think it's sweet that he knows he messed up and wants to say sorry and fix it.  They're just guys after all but you're his girl.  SOOO he'll make it right.  I don't think there'd be enough Prozac on the entire planet if this was a lifestyle with him, which from the sounds of it, fortunately it isn't.

Enjoying these temps, oh yes! I KNOW you are!


Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

I think they sound really cute with that crowing. They were happy in that sunshine again. The pictures were really good. You should enter those baby chicks in the new Mondays photo shoot in new beginnings. Check out my journal for the details and website,

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed the video.  You have the happiest chickens in the world.  I know what you mean about Ian & his friends.  Just when we get them trained...they go off with their friends, & then we have to start over.  LOL...  Just kidding.  It is aggravating though.  Tony is the same way when he gets around his friends.  He should have called though.  I know you hated the check-up.  I always hate to go, but when it's over I'm always glad that I went.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the weight loss!  I don' t own a scale so I have no idea if I've lost anything!
Traci

Anonymous said...

my daughter loves to see your chickens!!!!! I was hoping to show her Hank!!!
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Another great video, I love listening to them crow & cackle.  Congrats on the weight loss, that is terrific...good for you!!!!!  Too bad Ian let you down ~ why is it that grown, mature men suddenly lose their minds and all sense of time when they are with their buddies?  My ex was really bad for that, in fact there were two occasions when he went to ANOTHER STATE with his friends and didn't come home until the next day......see why he is my ex!!!  He wouldn't call or anything.  
Lisa

Followers