About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sixties in January...I Will Take It!

Good Sunday afternoon...it is so beautiful outside, which is where I have been almost all day til my feet started hurting some so I decided to take a break for a while.

The sun is shining and it is in the sixties outside. Everyone is in a fine mood outdoors. Up above in that video is an example of how fine.

Chanteclear is on the left there, Blue on the right, and Faith up front. They are taking a dust bath and laying on their sides to soak up the warm sunshine. This is happening all over the yard today. Here we go, here is another video for you to enjoy of some sunshine dust bathing action going on.

Oops, it is still loading..so while its loading I will talk about this and that, then I will add it on the end, how is that? Okay.

Ian has gone for the day, on his only day off, to The World Of Wheels with Jay and John. I don't mind, he doesnt go galavanting off all the time and he deserves some 'guy' fun. He says he will be back in time for us to go do our walking this evening. I hope so.

It was funny to me, John called Ian at 7:30 a.m. this morning to ask if he wanted to get some breakfast with them...but I was cooking breakfast for him as he called..and Ian told him so. Hashbrowns, grits, bacon, sausage, and of course our own fresh eggs. When he got off the phone I told him he was so lucky to have a LOVING WIFE that would COOK for him and not let him leave here hungry. ;) Told him bet they wish they had a LOVING WIFE to COOK for them. ;)

So while he has been gone I have been taking video and pictures, feeding, watering. I opened up the tarps on the pens so everyone could get some of that good old warm sunshine. You could just feel the good mood everyone was in.

Early this morning while I was out that little dog was back. :( He must have heard me and came around the corner of the garage and had the NERVE to bark at me! I yelled at him to get out of here and ran to get my BB gun. If he was still around when I got back he was going home with a sting in his butt for sure. By the time I made it back out he had already made it around the corner and into the neighbors yard. Missed my chance.

I found out that *&%$@# dog is a shoe stealer! I often leave my shoes at the bottom of the steps around back. I love the croc type shoes you get from Walmart so I have them sitting around everywhere in every color. They are very convenient to slip on to go out to feed and water. One of my favorite pair, the dark blue ones...was missing. I could not for the life of me figure out WHY one of them was out in between the old truck and one of Ians Thunderbirds in the grass...now I know. THAT DADBLASTED DOG was taking my shoes! Ian went over into their yard, WAY in back of us and got one, but couldnt find the other. The one had tooth holes all in it anyway. Man was I mad. Now I got to find me another blue pair.   >:( Stupid dog. Stole my shoes, tore Petes tail feathers out. Gonna get me a fire breathing dragon and let it stand watch, eat that stupid little dog.

Hmmm...the video is not done yet, so I will come back to this entry and add it when it is done...so dont forget, there will be another here in just a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. It just couldnt get any more beautiful and warm here today...I am loving it.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that dog is good for one thing, its giving me a good laugh!  I can just imagine that little dog coming up and stealin your shoe and giving it a good chewing!  The chickens look like they are having a nice time!  Send some our way!  Linda

Anonymous said...

That dog would have to be tied up if I was it's owner because I wouldn't want to be buying you new shoes all the time.  You crack me up about running for the bb gun, first for the red tailed hawk, now after that dog, which is lucky it's tail is still alive.  I enjoyed the videos too.  Thank you for the comments too over on my journal.  

Nelishia

Anonymous said...

There used to be a dog in the neighborhood here that climbed fences and got our neighbors shoes she kept at her back door. The neighbor took herself over to the other ones house and told him that was going to have to stop. The owners already had their yard fenced but added an electric fence on top of that one. That stopped the dog from leaving his yard LOL. Those videos were good. Those chicks were really having a good time in that sunshine. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hope you encourage the dog to find a new hobby.  We had a cat with a bb under the skin on his leg.  Enjoy the warm.  We are going to the zoo tomorrow.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Man those chickens are adorable!   I bet it's great having fresh eggs whenever you want them!  

Anonymous said...

The videos are great...they sure look like they are having a blast in the sun!!!  It does look like they are in good spirits.  Well I just had to laugh at the dog taking your shoe ~  I am sure you are not as amused as I am though!!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a good day.  This weather is weird for January.  It's supposed to be around 70 tomorrow.  YEAH!!!!!  I don't know what I'd do about that darn dog.  That would make me mad about it stealing my shoes & then having the nerve to bark at me on my own property!!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Kelly your video's are great ~ sounds like you have been busy again ~ that little dog has got a nerve barking at you and stealing your shoes ~ you will have to build a little box to hide your shoes in so he can't run off with them :o) Ally x

Followers