About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby Pictures and Thoughts

After going back to my first entry on this journal I realized something. I dont have the baby pictures of the Sultans on this journal. I used to have another journal but it locked up on me, and no one could get into it. It was because I was loading pictures wrong and it was evidently messing with the workings of the journal. Anyway, I ended up having to delete it and start this one. That is one reason from time to time I do a story timeline on my chickens coming to be here, to try and restore what was on the old journal.

So here are a few picture of the Sultans as babies. :)

 

P3280011 P3280009 P3280008

In one of my first entries in June of last year I have a picture of the four of them in a very ratty looking stage...but as you can see from Rods pictures, they outgrow it.

*********************

Dont anyone feel bad about laughing at the shoe stealing incident! It is funny, so laugh!

Lisa asked if people eat Sultans. I dont know if they do in Turkey, but here I think they are for show and just eye candy. I know they are for me. They are not a fat bird, they are slender in body type, so I dont see where it would be worth it to eat one really. The hens are very slender and small bodied also.I will have to take some good pictures of the girls. They are pretty, but just like any breed of chicken, they are not as flashy as the roos.

************************

Animal control still isnt here, but then I didnt expect them to be here anytime soon. They have never been able to get out right away when I have called them in the past. Doesnt matter, this isnt urgent, it just needs to be addressed sometime today. The evidence will be here..my holey shoe and Petes bare butt...YES LAUGH! LOLLLLL!

*********************

Ian has made up for his thoughtlessness of not calling me...we went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant last night. It was very good as usual.

Funny, I said for a Monday night it sure was busy. He says,

"Well maybe there were a lot of husbands that screwed up and pissed off their wives over the weekend and they are trying to make up for it too."

I just laughed...I told him I wasnt mad about stopping to get a beer, I was not even mad. Just upset that he didnt call me to let me know they were stopping and not coming right home. I worry easy...so I was just worried.

Ian's friends are juvenile, and he knows it. He says even they get on his nerves after a while too...just not as soon as they get on my nerves..lol. Fortunately they dont come over very often.

********************

Side note...I will be 40 in May. The doc asked when I turn 40...and she told me I needed to schedule a mammogram this year...ohhh the horror stories I hear about the dreaded mammogram!!! Somebody please tell me it isnt as bad as the rumors! You know I will put it off as long as I can...that is just me. I am a sissy. ;)

***********************

I have a lot of alerts to catch up on so I am gonna quit yacking and get to reading and commenting today. Y'all have a great day now! Byeeee!

 

 

P1060005

Everett in mid crow, sunbathing Americauna, Silver Phoenix gal, and on the other side of the fence is one of my Silver Phoenix roos.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures actually have a small blue border on them so I think it would be ok to enter these babies or other babies in the contest. They are very cute to me.

Anonymous said...

PS it does hurt to have a mammogram done but you are a tough lady so you will do ok with it. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm due for one too! lol  I'm scared...my sister said they are not that bad but they also told her that is because she is smaller. I 'm not small up top and so I'm sure it will hurt like H***.  Lets hope not!! Let me know how it is!! lol  

Anonymous said...

I've never found mammograms to be that horrible.  Just expect your boobs to be treated like a hunk of meat that they put on a cold slab.  I've never had pain with them, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Ian made up for his thoughtlessness.  I love Mexican food.  We ate out at our favorite Mexican place Saturday night.  You let me know how your Mammogram goes.  I'll be turning 38 in Feb.  (Good Lord Willing that is)  I've heard all the horror stories too.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

The mammograms aren't that bad.  I had one this year and I was afraid to.  It didn't hurt.  It was strange the way they have you stand on your tippy toes and do it and lay it over on the side and press, it's just strange but it doesn't hurt.  It sounds like Ian is such a good guy and will soon find friends to hang with that are on the same level.  Those guys sound like high schoolers.  I hope A.C. shows up soon.  I'll keep reading.

Nelishia

Anonymous said...

I laughed, lol.  Mammos aren't too bad, they hurt but just for a few seconds.  Its having some one else grabbing and moving your boobs around that is worse!  LOL

Anonymous said...

The babies are so cute!!!!  Great pictures!!!
Lisa

Followers