About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Friday Sunny Afternoon

P1070030

I am late late late today...but better late than never. Enjoying the sunshine today? They are. :)

We had some good thunderstorms roll through here last evening. I heard tale from someone at Walmart that there was a tornado touched down somewhere up there in Rome where we were yesterday evening. Havent heard any more about it though.

Thirsty? Daisy has a whole pail of fresh water...

 

P1070031

I got a phone call from Karen. Her sister is moving from her country home to a house near where I used to live. She can't keep her three hens and her guinea and wanted to know if I would take them. She wanted them to go to a good home and knew I would be just that. The guinea is a white one, and is a girl, so that is good. I have two boys and one girl now, so the girl will be welcome. Her sister doesnt know the breed of the three chickens, just the color, but I suspect it is a Rhode Island Red, a Buff Orpington or Golden Comet, and I know the last one is an Americauna. That is what Daisy is. Most are brown, like the one you saw in the picture with Everett the other day. They lay green and blue eggs. I have lost a couple of my Americaunas, so I especially welcome her. Karens sister also has a large hutch that no longer has legs that I would like to have. We will see if I can get that. I will have to take the old truck to pick that up. She is moving this weekend so that means my weekend of doing nothing and going nowhere has had a change of plans. I did it to myself though..cant very well let those poor chickens and guinea go homeless can I? ;)

P1070032

I tried and tried to get that video to load yesterday, but it kept stopping, wouldnt play through, so I put it on Youtube...if it works I will add it onto a seperate entry.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday. :)

 

P1070033

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your chickens have it made LOL. Good luck on getting them and the hutch home. Great pictures. Your male guinea will sure like that new mate. Helen

Anonymous said...

I just love your chickens ;)  Glad your taking the others...who knows what would have happened to them if you hadn't!  Your a chicken saver!  

Anonymous said...

How exciting getting more birds  ~ get some pics of them for us!!  I wouldn't be able to say no either.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love the chickens!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I don't blame her....I know the chickens will have a good home with you!!!!!  So, I'd want to give them to you also.  

Hollie

Followers