About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Veterans Day

I have been visiting everyone's journals this morning and seen so many wonderful tributes to the men and women that gave so much for us to have our freedoms that we have today. I just want to add my "Thankyou" to all that have served. I cannot imagine what it is like to have to go through what these men and women went through and still go through today, but I am thankful that they have and continue to be there for us all here in the United States of America.

I don't know of anyone in my family that served in any of the wars. I know that seems odd, because it seems like everyone knows someone that is serving or has served. Remember when we went to visit our friends Kenny and Billie and their family? The reason they were having a get together was for Kennys son. He was shipped off to Iraq weeks ago now. Only 18 years old, a new baby and a new wife. I cannot begin to imagine having to leave all that he has here to go over there, but I am thankful for each and every one that has and does.

*****************************************

I will not clutter this entry with my own personal thoughts of the wars in the Middle East. I only hope that what we are doing over there is worth the precious lives we have lost and the precious time of our men and women. That is all I will say.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP THEM ALL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice tribute to our brave men & women.  I tell you, they have more guts than me ~ I couldn't bear leaving my family & home and enduring what they do and have through the years.  Like you, I stand by our troops, today and tomorrow.  Nice entry Kelly.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't know of anyone from my famliy that has served either.

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Kelly like you I hope what we are doing over there is worth all the precious Lives this war is costing ~ Those young men some of them are only 18 they should be enjoying themselves and living at home with their families not fighting for their lives in a far away country ~
I am so proud of them all because they are there fighting for our Freedom ~ let us hope they live to enjoy that freedom as well ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!                       Hollie

Anonymous said...

Amen God Bless and keep them all. Paula

Followers