About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Animals Gone Wild

Would someone please tell me what has gotten into the animals here on this patch of land??? I told you the pigs had been trying to break out, unsuccessfully, but there was evidence. Peter trying to eat Buster...

Now this evening I go out and Hank looks as if he is going to get an attitude with me! He is following be around and I turn around and he starts pecking the ground like he is looking for a confrontation! I grabbed a stick and told him to not even start with me or else!

Its ten o'clock and I go to take Tip out and the freakin' horse is in the VERY SMALL standing room only fenced off section around the dining room window. I have flowers in there and when we first got him he tried to eat the siding off the house. He just HAD to force his big stupid head in around the steps til the metal fence post broke off at the base...then of course his stupid body had to follow his stupid head to get to those last blades of grass behind the fencing. So there he stood, just standing there like a big dummy not knowing how he got in or how to get out.

Here I come with the driving whip...giving him a good prodding to get out. I told him he got in there he can figure out real quick how to get out. I rigged it all up (oh yes, it looks very ramshackled and attractive) with a piece of fencing and a few bungie cords til morning. I am sure he will be right back over there and do his best to get back in there. I swear he will do anything to eat himself to death! Sometimes I wonder why I do any of it when there are days like this. :(

PITA...that is what we should have named him. You know what that is short for. Would have been the perfect name for him.

Lets not forget in all the excitement Tip thought she needed to get in on the action and get all up in my way while trying to get the horse out of the cramped little fenced off area. She kept running up and I dont know what she thought she was going to do...but I whapped that whip down on the ground and told her to back off...had to do that twice!!! I guess she thought it was all a big funtime game. I know she wasnt going to herd the horse, she is terrified of him.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! AHHHHHHHH! I am going to lose my mind, and right here at bedtime too. Someone got a horse trank? Its not for the horse...its for the crazy lady sitting over in the corner mumbling something to herself incoherently.

Okay, all kidding aside, isnt it always like this when you are JUST about to go to bed!?!?! Well not always, but the once and a while makes up for the always.

I always said...you need a brick wall to keep livestock in, and even then, I wonder if they could get past that.

I am going to go to bed now...and when I get up in the morning things will be better...right? Right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and its especially when you NEED to be in bed...and are truly READy to be in bed and feel like you are really going to go to sleep!!!!

so sorry....lol
tina

Anonymous said...

Lets see now its not the full moon, must be the water. All kidding aside I'm sure its very frustrating when they are usually so nice. Hope you get some rest and have a good day tomorrow. paula

Anonymous said...

What a time you are having. Guess maybe Tip thought she would help you out. Hope they are all calmer tomorrow. Helen

Anonymous said...

Minis are the best at escaping!  I remember chasing Sunshine all over the place when he could shimmy out of our fence.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Christmas is on the horizon. It makes animals nervous.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I think it would be so funny if you had've named him PITA.  What do they put in the feed these days.  

Hope it's less dramatic tomorrow.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Followers