About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Its Monday...

I have had a busy day today and haven't had a lot of time to get to sit down and get an entry done like I want. I was pretty darn tired and fell straight into bed last night after coming through the door at about 10:30 p.m. and slept a little late this morning. House is cleaned up, laundry is a going, school has been in session for some time now, dishes are done, everything that needs doing is done or being done, but Ian will be home in about thirty minutes so I dont really have time to make a thought our proper entry.

I do have some GREAT news! DSL has come to Polk County!!!! No more slow loading and getting cut off. I can now make videos of the chickens, or Tip herding, or whatever I might want to show and I can also watch everyone elses videos without hesitation! I am just so happy!

Our hardware and whatnot is supposed to arrive in the mail on Wednesday. With Thanksgiving coming up I imagine Ian won't get around to putting everything into place until Friday when he is off. Hopefully it will all be a simple uncomplicated process and we can get back online in no time.

I know a lot of you have DSL...and I am not sure how this all works. I know my new email address will be a Bellsouth address, but can I keep my AOL email and journal for free? Right now we are paying ten dollars a month. Sorry, I am just not savvy on how this works. I of course want to keep IMing, so I will have AIM. I want to keep my journal, and I know a lot of you journal with AOL but dont have AOL service. I just dont want to lose what I use every day.

How does it all work? Do you use the DSL, and can still sign on to AOL journals and mail and still be going at DSL speed? Did that make any sense?

AOL is not staying connected more than a few minutes at a time this afternoon so I am not going to try and load any pictures on this entry today. I will be doing good to get this off of Wordpad and onto an entry page! Sure will be nice to race through the internet at high speeds in a few days. I am just so happy about getting DSL. :)

I am slowly catching up on everyones entries. You know how it is if your gone a few days. I will catch up just in time to fall behind again for the holiday! LOL.

I have lots I want to tell about this past weekend. I think I will take some time and type it up on wordpad into several entries so it wont be so long though. Maybe I can sneak in one tonight before bed and one in the morning. Have to just see. Time to go outside for a bit now...hope everyone is having a nice Monday. We are having some very mild temps in the seventies today with a breeze, feels pretty good out there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are getting faster speed on your internet service. What I did on cable was went to what you call BYOA which is bring your own internet service. I get mine free but have no tecnical support. My daughter goes ahead and pays her 10 per month to have that. Check into this  http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/software.adp It has been a long time but I think I used the master screen name then went into billings and changed it. You will still have your AOL icon on your desktop. It has a sign on screen and you open up the connection place and set it to DLS. AOL looks the same as ever. Wish I could be more help or better yet lived close to you where I could help you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a busy day. Hope you enjoy your DSL. I don't have it and don't have a person here to help me with it so I suffer. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

You will love dsl.  Love it.  You just log onto aol and then sign in.  The rest is easy!
Traci

Anonymous said...

OK, where are the latest chicken pics? You've not posted any in the last few entries.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

You won't lose anything!  You've just gained the ability to get there faster and stay on longer.  Please email me information of what you did with Bellsouth.  I want DSL.  I'm on dial up here.  

Hope to hear more Sherry stories. Glad you got home ok.  

Nelishia

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
You will LOVE DSL!  Send me your new e-mail address when you get set up.  I can't wait to hear about your weekend with Sherry.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I forget what I did to change to free AOL, but it's easy.  I think I may have called them.  Go to keyword:  free AOL and see what you find.

Anonymous said...

I'm just flat out jealous!  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

yes, you can just go to www.aol.com and access your email and journals...and IM.....just can't chat and a few other things...
I am looking forward to hearing how everything went this weekend!
tina

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be getting DSL.  I have satellite broadband and wow, what a difference that made.  It isn't as fast as DSL but it is still good.  I hope the set up goes smoothly for you.  From what I know you can use your aol screenname & everything free once you get hooked up.
Lisa

Followers