About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankgiving

Here it is Friday night and I finally get to have the computer. I am afraid to get up from the chair as I might lose my spot! DSL has changed everyone in the house today. Ian has been on the computer from 9 tis morning til I finally kicked him off to eat supper around 7 this evening. Poor Shelby, she says she would like to have it when I am done..which I will be right after this entry.

I have made more videos...I will post them later on next week when I have some time to myself in the morning with my coffee.

It looks as if everyone had a pretty good Thankgiving. Ours was very nice also.

I brought potato salad, stuffed celery, devilled eggs and three containers full of sweet tea. I also brought a smoked turkey breast.

Mama made her sweet potato pie stuff, it is so yummy. Dressing, gravy, rolls, green beans, some sort of candied cranberry rice stuff. Erin made fresh salad with her homemade dressing and Mike brought a wonderful apple pie. Mama also had a pumpkin pie.

We had the spread layed out in the kitchen buffet style and made our plates in the kitchen then came to the table. Daddy said the prayer and then we all dug in til we were stuffed to the gills. We had a very nice visit I have to say. Lots of hugs, lots of smiles, lots of good company and good conversation.

Our good friend Brian came over to have Thanksgiving with us also. He has made it to Mama and Daddys every year for a long time now.

Believe it or not, all the leftovers are gone. We distributed them over everyone at Mama and Daddys and we had our leftovers throughout the day so they are gone. It sure was good, all of it.

Well enough chatter, here are some pictures I took over at Mama and Daddys yesterday. Do you ever notice I am not in any pictures...lol. It is because I am always the one that takes the pictures.

I will be honest with you too, I dont like having my picture taken. So really it all works out. ;)

Okay...heres the pictures.

 

 

 

PB230001

Here is Erin making the salad fresh.

 

PB230011

From left to right: Brian, Mike, Erin, Mama, Daddy, Shelby, and Ian.

 

PB230006

Ian and Shelby

 

PB230007

Mike

 

PB230005

Brian

 

PB230004

Mama

 

PB230009

Daddy

 

PB230016

One more of Erin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like a great day!  I wish I had leftover......lol
enjoy the rest of the weekend...
Tina

Anonymous said...

Nice family and a nice time for you. My youngest hates to have her picture taken. She even took one off her sister's fridge where they were walking together in a cancer walk. Paula

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys did have a good Thanksgiving!  I'm so glad.  Nice looking family too.  Looking forward to the videos.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

You'd think everyone could be faster with thier turn with DSL.  Looks and sounds like you were blessed with a good Thanksgiving.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad that you all had a good time. Great pictures. My daughter gave orders that she wasn't feeling good and she meant for me to not take any pictures, I should've anyway LOL. We did have a great time. we took our two dogs, my son and DIL took their two and Daisy had to get aquainted with them.It took a while for them to settle down. Daisy was very protected of all of us even Patches. The tiny one was the same with her family LOL. We finaly had a pleasant meal and a good time. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Kelly loved the pictures of your family ~ just wanted to say thankyou for sharing them with us ~ look forward to seeing some more of your videos ~ glad you had a good Thanksgiving day ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

From the looks of the pictures everyone looks happy & content...glad you had a nice holiday.  
Lisa

Followers