About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Side Tracked and Off Course

Okay...I know I am not the only one that does this...speak up if you do what I have done today.

I was going to dust the birds...really I was.

Somehow I got sidetracked into cleaning the tile over the tub and scrubbing the tub out...then I thought..hmmm I need to get down there and scrub those baseboards...but then...

I went upstairs and finished vacuuming first, taking a break from the bathroom cleaning.

After vacuuming I see a nick nack shelf I got a while back in a yard sale leaned up over in the corner of Shelbys bedroom. I have been meaning to put it up and redistribute all her nick nacks as they look really jammed up on the three shelves they are on.

I get Shelby to get my tool kit and my miscellaneous bag of screws and hooks, stuff like that.

(Yeah, I know, what happened to dusting the chickens? Or how about that bathroom waiting on me downstairs?)

I put the shelf up...looks good. Start redistributing and dusting everything...looks good.

Hmmm how about this. "Shelby go downstairs and get that nick nack shadow shelf thingie I got in that yard sale thats sitting in the corner of the living room"

Okay, lets put all her horses on this...that looks good..but wait, how about that little nick nack shelf with the dragons on it...we need to move that. Okay, did that.

Dust the bedroom...strip the sheets and bedcovers off the bed.

What? You are asking me what happened to the bathroom...well, its 3:30...and I think I will go on outside and get the animals fed and watered early...and I am sure something else will come up that I find to do out there...to distract me from finishing the bathroom.

Can you tell I had good intentions? LOL.

As I go down the stairs with the vacuum and dust oil and rag in hand I notice the pictures of Shelby cascading down the stair wall need dusting...better go do that before I feed and water...nah...

it is going to be dark at six o'clock. I can do it then.

Oh yes, all this and Shelby did get her schoolwork in, along and along I sat and we did some new math...starting algebra. Back and forth, back and forth...got the clean dishes out, dirty dishes in, except there are too many, they dont all fit...

What? You think I am scatterbrained? Unorganized? Well yes, yes I am. ;)

Okay, well...now, have any of you gotten everything and nothing done all day like this?

;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it happens to me also. Like I have been putting off putting flea meds on both dogs after Ken gave them a bath over the weekend. Ken held them while I did their nails yesterday and I finally got the meds put on them today. By the way I did that meme thingy yesterday you asked me to do. I think maybe some alerts didn't go out as I read in someones' journal where they were not. Hugs, helen

Anonymous said...

Every day of my life almost is like that.  I am so random but I'm organized.  I have good intentions but...
If I live long enough to have an epitaph... lol it will say, "I meant well"

I sure do enjoy this journal and very happy that I found it.  

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

I'm the very same way.  One thing just leads to another & so on......  LOL
Hollie

Anonymous said...

LOL I am so unorganized it isn't even funny. And since getting sick I can't clean the way I used to so it makes it even worse. But yes, I bounce all over the house starting several cleaning projects and only finishing a few.

thanks for your comments.

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm like that all the time!

Anonymous said...

sounds like me....I just forget to dust the house!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I always vow to stick with one room until it is finished but then I have to take something to another room to get it out of the clean spot and then----well you know what I mean. Paula

Anonymous said...

I know where you are coming from, seems to happen to me so much I was beginning to wonder if I didn't have some kind of disorder going on.  I guess if it happens to everyone it is just the way it is.  I feel better now!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is my typical day right there!
Traci

Anonymous said...

hello,
good night and good luck
http://hilalsquare.com/quiz.html

Followers