About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Friday Was Busy

Yesterday was a pretty full day. I got out and about around ten o'clock or so. I decided I would try the new Walmart in Rockmart since the one in Rome was really falling down on the job lately of having things that I use every week. Some things have been totally eliminated. They just arent carrying it anymore. I hate that sort of thing.

I had to get the lay of the land. I didnt know where anything was of course so I had to go slow and feel my way through. My list of what I need to get usually coincides with the course I take through the store, but this time it was a jumble since I didnt know where a thing was. I had a great time going through the store though. On their clearance aisle I found a bunch of packets for canning, clearanced at twenty five cents to fifty cents each! Packets for pickling cucumbers, bread and butter and kosher both. Packets for making salsa. Packets for making Spaghetti sauce. I used all these back during the summer. I just grabbed up the boxes of packets and took them all! For those prices I could afford to get all that was left, so I did. None of that stuff goes bad til like 2010.

It took me three hours...too much browsing I guess. I made it out of there around 1 oclock. Ingles had chicken breasts on sale for $1.88 a pound so I drove across the way and picked up some packs of that.

The new Walmart did not have my wire, or my staples. I HAVE to have these things. It is essential when having chickens. You are always stapling things back into place or wiring something down. I needed to get two 250 watt heat light bulbs, but the new one didnt carry that either. I did manage to get the heavy duty utility lamps I needed to hang, but no bulbs. Well, I say no bulbs...but they had the regular white ones...but I needed RED. Red allows the chickens to still sleep at night. Oh, that is what all this was for by the way. To keep the Serama warm at night.

So I still ended up heading up to Rome to get these things I mentioned. Not wanting to waste the trip I stopped in Tractor Supply and picked up some three way scratch and layer crumble along with a bag of Mini Pig Food. I shouldnt have to get feed for at least two weeks now, I hope. I usually get my chicken feed from an independent little feed store, but I was already closer to the TSC and wanted to pick up the pigs food too.

I was feeling pretty tired after running around here and there all day. It was rocking on 2:30. I was getting off of 411 onto my little exit to 101 and these guys in a SUV were honking at me. I perked up and looked around at them. They were grinning from ear to ear and the driver made a circular motion with his hand and arm, still grinning.

LOLLLL OHHHHHH

He wanted me to GET ON IT!

You see, most people will look at my truck and just think EH...it is a fancy looking Dodge 1500. But it isnt. People who KNOW engines, and KNOW trucks recognize mine for what it is. You see, my truck has a Viper engine in it. It is a V10 and it will outrun just about anything other than a fast sports car like a Viper, simply because my truck is heavier. I can't tell you how many people give a holler or a thumbs up, things of this nature to me.

Well that got me going, got me perked up. I slammed in Jason Aldeans CD with the first song being the Johnny Cash song and pulled out...and slammed the pedal to the floor, looking back to see if they were watching. There were. ;) When the truck hit second gear (it only comes in an automatic) it barked the tires for them.

I love showing off my truck. It is a powerhouse. When someone recognizes what it is I get pumped up. :)

*********************************************

Okay, a few things. YES! Everyone, Paula, you and anyone else, lets go riding down those country back roads! Pile into the truck and lets GO. :)

Lisa, I did in fact work for Dominos when it was thirty minutes or less. The delivery area was smaller back then in the early 80s, and drivers werent allowed to take more than two seperate deliveries at a time. It was fairly easy to get it there. A pizza can be made from scratch in a couple of minutes. One person on dough, one person on sauce, a couple on toppings during peak busy times and it is in the oven in about two minutes. It comes out in about ten and into the box, cut and set up on the heat rack where drivers are waiting in line to go. Routed and out the door, they had plenty of time to get it there. At first it was thirty minutes or its free...then later it was just three dollars off. They got greedy and expanded the area and couldnt do it. With only three dollars to lose per delivery, drivers wanted more pizzas to deliver, more money, (commission) and more tips, if you could get the pizzas there fast and still hot. They changed it later to mileage instead of commission, but drivers still wanted to make as many runs as possible. I cant imagine trying to deliver anywhere now with gas prices being so high.

I have decided I am not going to talk about my sisters troubles anymore. It is too negative and draws out all of the positive energy I have, makes for a bad day...so that is all I am going to say on that. I said plenty enough.

Okay, I am going to make a nice entry about Ember now...and then I am off to clean this house all day today, downstairs today, upstairs tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Did anyone watch Animal Cops Houston on Animal Planet last night? Sheesh...worst case any of them had ever seen. 57 dogs seized, cats, horses, pigs, a cow. The place was a trash pile inside and outside. Junk everywhere. Standing room only for animals. Feces and urine was everywhere and these people were living in it. There was even two dead dogs IN THE HOUSE that they found, rotting away. There was everything from old sinks to whatever else you could imagine in the yard. Imagine a junk yard. It was so sad, but they got all the animals out and got them the care they needed and adopted out. The cow was so sweet looking, she went to a very good home it looked like.

PA240003 PA240007

VVVRRRROOOOM COMIN ATCHA

 

PA240009

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like to watch animal cops,,,too sad!
Becky

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh lol you and your truck....
I had domino's last night...yumm.
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Oh I want a ride!  Me, me, me!
I saw a new caddy escalade today, needed a ladder to get in!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Kelly I am addicted to Animal Cops ~ they do such a wonderful job rescuing badly treated animals ~ and they care so much for their job ~ You sounded like you had a busy day shopping ~ I hate when I go to a new store and have to find my way around for the first time ~ Have a lovely weekend and try to get a little rest time ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

PS ~ I think your truck is just beautiful ~ :o) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

How 'bout those guys flirting with you and your truck. Bet they were jealous. That is interesting about the red bulbs so the chickens can sleep. Paula

Anonymous said...

Kelly..your truck is freakin' awesome!!!  My husband had just walked in the office when I was looking at your pictures and said, that's a viper engine in there.  He thought it was really cool when I told him you drive it!   I have a Chevy Duramax Diesel 2500,  torque forever but nothing off the line like you have.  I'll put it this way, I won't race you or even think about it!!!  I love the color too, go get em' tiger!   :)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a busy day.  You go girl with your BIG, BAD TRUCK!!!!!!

It sure is pretty.
Hollie

Followers