About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

John Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Light Effects


As the days get shorter and the amount of sunlight we see is less, I thought it would be nice for this week's Photo Shoot focus on light -- and the sometimes surprising things it does:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Show us light in a surprising way. Long exposures, interesting reflections, the play between light and shadow -- anything that calls attention to the light itself. This is very open-ended, so I'm curious to see what you all will come up with.

This picture was taken early this year after a serious hail storm with high winds here at my house. The winds were so bad it blew over an old oak tree down into the road and tore down the little barn we had put up for Shelbys miniature horse Derby.

I thought this picture would be nice for this Mondays Photo Shoot. The sun was peeking out behind the receding clouds and was just brilliant looking. I grabbed my camera quickly because these perfect moments only last just that...a moment. If you look closely above the sun you can see an airplanes jet stream also.

 

 

P4030031

Here below is what happened with the barn and the tree...

 

P4030019 P4030030

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so beautiful!  Linda

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Kelly. You did good. Helen

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and poor little building. Paula

Anonymous said...

The first picture is absolutely beautiful!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

GREAT SHOTS!!!!
Love the top one, especially, a glimpse of heaven~  Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

That is some great photography.  Moments really do only last that long.

Sorry about the oak tree and the barn though.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-creations/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture with the sun peaking around the clouds.  I very nice image!  Its a shame about the barn though.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Your picture is great, the barn didn't fair to well though.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

They don't make barns like they used to, eh?

Followers