About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Monday, February 4, 2008

And The Awards Go To...

Nice Award 
This is what this award is all about...
 
This award will be given to those who inspire good feelings. Those that care about others, that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence on our blogging world.
 
Now I have to pass this award onto six more deserving folks. :)
 
Now the first person that popped into my mind is Ray over at DadsTomatoGarden 
 
He is a nonstop inspiration. If you ever feel like you just can't make it that day...go see him. He always has words of inspiration and a good cup of coffee or tea waiting for you.
 
I want to pass these awards onto folks that have not recieved them yet, so just because I didn't pick you, it may be because you already have recieved this award from someone else. If I accidently pick you without this knowledge, oops! Sorry! ;)
 
Okay...so who is next. Hmmm think think. Got to think. Ohhh I know...I want to pick Helen over at MyEverydayLife
 
Helen is a strong lady and keeps on going even through her back pain. She does not let it define her. She keeps on going. I love to see her beautiful pictures of flowers and her baby dogs always bring a smile to my face.
 
 
Next I want to pick Jamie over at AnAnimalRescuersLife
This lady, she is a wonder woman. I don't see how she does it all. She rescues animals to take in for her own, and then on top of that she volunteers to help homeless animals. All this while taking care of her own family! WHEW! She always manages to keep her head up and keep moving forward..and does so much for so many.
 
Okay...thats three...I will pick three more tomorrow. Promise. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These last 2 are journals I have not read so I shall visit them now. Great picks it is so hard to pick journals that have not been picked before. I can't wait to see the next picks.


Hugs Sunny

Anonymous said...

I know Jamie well but not the other two, will check them out soon.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great choices..I am going to visit the last one because I have not been over there yet.  

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kelly but I think YOU have more to do than I do!!!  Your chicken population dwarfs all my animals!  ;)  Thank you so much!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Will have to check them out as time permits. I had a hard time picking mine.  Took more time than I thought it would. lol Wishing you a wonderful day. Blessings, Janie http://journals.aol.com/bojgill4375/there-is-only-1-today/

Anonymous said...

Kelly I do appreciate you thinking of old Dad, What else is there in life  to do but try to encourage others to Smile and be as happy as possible.
                                                                                                  DAD...

Anonymous said...

I went to see Jamie and was floored!  I love her blog.  Thanks for the intro!  Linda

Followers