About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

George and Cool Old Stuff

George, what can I say. George is quite a character. He will stay home only if his owners are home, and even then...if there is a thunderstorm coming, I will know it about half an hour or so before it even gets here. Sun could be shining, but if George shows up, you can bet your boots its going to rain.

He is a good dog. He never chases or scares any of my animals. I think some of them actually scare him more. He is the friendliest dog you could meet, and you wouldnt know it, but that little sausagy looking dog can RUN like the wind! That is why, when I am transferring him from the house to the pen, or the other way around he walks on a leash I bring with me. He usually comes back, but he can take off like a shot just full of that doggy spirit.

His owners seem to go out of town a lot. I say a lot, but it is probably more common than I realize for a family these days to go out of town every couple of months or maybe sometimes even once a month. I don't mind keeping George for them though, he is really no trouble at all.

Here is George, meeting me at the door, ready to go out yesterday morning.

 

Photobucket

This dog has a bladder the size of Texas. He WILL NOT go in the house, no matter what. Now this means when he comes out after a 12 hour wait, I myself have to do some waiting as he relieves himself as he releases a river. ;)

 

Photobucket

Ahhhh NOW I am feeling MUCH better!

 

Photobucket

Okay...lets get moving on down to the pen so I can have my breakfast...

 

Photobucket

Here is George...in his pen...you can see it in his face...he is resigned to his fate for the day. No running about today...sorry George. I will be back this evening to get you and we will walk around a bit then its in for the night with a handful of dog cookies.

 

Photobucket Photobucket

Then there are the two invisible cats to feed and water. I was told their dishes were on the front porch, but couldnt find them at first. I had never been around the side of their wrap around porch. They have some really neat stuff sitting out. The cats dishes were sitting on this old wicker bakers rack...so I filled them up with food and water.

 

Photobucket

Sitting across from this was the neatest old rocker and table, with mud shoes no less. Most people would probably try to refinish this type of thing, but it had quite the charm just the way it was...and really a nice look on the old large porch, sitting there looking old and pretty.

 

Photobucket

I love this old barn type shed they have just up from Georges pen. Oh yes, I could make a really cool chicken coop house of this...

 

Photobucket Photobucket

Okay, time to quit foolin' around and get back home...can you see my house from their driveway?

 

Photobucket

I still have to mow the rest of our land today...and I got to work up the school planner for this coming week for Shelby. We intended on starting the day after Labor Day, but she was sick all week with stomach bug of some sort. She is feeling better this weekend, so we will start fresh on Monday morning. I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Ian is off tomorrow and we will be very busy doing school so I don't imagine I will get to the computer tomorrow. Probably see everyone on Tuesday. I got my alerts down from over 400 to 160, so if I havent visited you yet, I am getting there, and will see you by the end of this coming week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly I have just read all of your previous entries and really enjoyed them all ~ I loved those birds (and could I have one of each please :o)  George sounds like he is quite a character and looks lovely too ~ glad he does not chase any of your animals ~ His owners must be very glad to have you as a neighbour ~ to look out for him while they are away ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Now that is too funny! We had a stray dog appear on our pond dam in 1989. Male.. and I always like females. lol Short story.. he got a new home. I ALWAYS knew when a storm was coming because Charlie would let me know. I swear the first time it stormed when we first had him.. he actually put his front paw on the screen door handle and was trying to get in the house! Who ever had owned him had let him in the house! He was an outside dog here. lol

My daughter tells me she has 1000 emails! Unreal to me! lol Have a great weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of the old shed.  Things like that always catch my eye.  And the old rocker..same for that.  There is something about old stuff that I like.  I have an old rocker on the back porch that I got out of someones trash.  Long gone out of their mind but I love it.
                                  Marlene
  http://journals.aol.com/domsmom27/one-day-at-a-time

Anonymous said...

ahhh George is a handsome little guy. He doesn't look like he likes the pen so much. Love that old shed too! (hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

George looks like a sweet boy but he does look awfully sad in his cage...awwww, poor George is missing his family.  It's funny how some animals seem to be able to sense storms while others seem oblivious to it.  My horse get nervous and jumpy before a storm.  I had better get him in then because once the storm starts he will not come in and I have spent many days chasing him around in a thunderstorm!  I'm glad George has you to take care of him.
xxx
Lisa

Followers