About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Few More...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how they're posing for the camera  lol

(((Hugs)))  Diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I bet they can really bite a chunk out of you unless they have handled them from babies. Helen

Anonymous said...

The colors are so vivid. Bet you and Tex' wife had a lot to talk about. Paula

Anonymous said...

They really do look like they are posing for their pictures. I had a friend who had a macaw or three and kept them loose in his sun room. He spent hours trying to get them to talk and they were capable of a few words at times.
Seems, to me, a little cruel to keep larger birds in such amall cages. But what do I know.
I like your set up a lot better since all of your animals seem to have a large area to roam around in.
They sure are pretty things and the pictures did them justice.
Thanks for sharing.
Bill

Anonymous said...

WOW  so any of these birds talk?  And if so what do they say?  LOL  "Polly want a cracker?"  

Anonymous said...

What beautiful birds.  I liked the all yellow one.  I wonder what it was!  Linda

Anonymous said...

she has some beautiful birds.  i wonder if ANY of them have mated and if she jumped in all gung ho without researching to see how hard it can be to get them to actually mate?
I know with dogs, if a male and female have been raised together, sometimes the female will take a long time to go into heat... No idea if birds are like that, but who knows, right?
have a great sunday,
Tina

Anonymous said...

wow what pretty birds...yellow & the last one red....

cindi

Anonymous said...

Wow! The red and green on the bottom is pretty. The ones I have seen has been more green in color. Thanks for sharing, Janie

Anonymous said...

Gosh they are gorgeous, the red ones are such a deep red!  I love the white one, I would like to have one of them, they are so cool.
xxx
Lisa

Followers