About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Links To Fox and a Happy Emu Video!

Instead of posting the pictures of the fox on here...you can go to these links to see it, if you wish. The first picture is just of the tail and flanks, a close up to show the mange, the second is the whole fox with the fatal neck wound.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/KellyGa/P6230003.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/KellyGa/P6230002.jpg

Here is a picture of the pen torn into...all those feathers...waterer knocked over...anytime I find this type of thing, that sinking feeling overcomes me, everytime.

 

 

Photobucket

 

To lift the spirits here is a fun video of the emus playing in the water spraying out of the pool pump as Ian cleans the pool. :)

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The emus remind me of the olden day in Philly with all the kids playing in the water from the fire hydrant. They had fun and so did the emus today, Bill

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness that fox should have been shot a long time ago. What terrible condition it was in. Bet the other one is just like it. Glad it wasn't at my place! Glad that your dog did not get a hold of it to.  Hope you get the other one. Janie

Anonymous said...

Yuck...the fox looks terrible!  The emus are cute playing in the water.
Hollie

Anonymous said...

By the looks of that fox it's way better off.  She must have been miserable like that anyhow!  Our grey fox family that are around her are really nice looking.  Love the Emu's at the end...they are getting BIG!

Anonymous said...

I passed on the fox video, although it sounds like the fox was in sorry shape.  I loved the video of the emus, I watched it a few times and just laughed out loud at them dancing around in the beginning.  What a precious video - thanks for the fun!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Loved watching the Emu's frolic in the spray! (Hugs)Indigo

Followers