About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More Fair Pics, Cattle Today

Got to thinking, and you know they didnt have any of the old tractors displayed thatpeople have restored. They always have the new ones, but you know we didn't make it to see those either. We were there from ten that morning until almost 8 in the evening. Missed the petting zoo somehow too. Ian says we always end up missing something. You know there are so many animals there that takes up a lot of the day...that is our favorite part is seeing all the animals. We don't even fool with the rides an games..thats not why we go. 

Today I am showing some cattle pictures...all Dairy cattle. I think the beef cattle had been shown already earlier in the week. 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like those Jersey and Gernsey ones the best. I used to milk both kinds. I like the milk from the Gernsey the best. Not as much butter cream to make the milk taste so rich. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Love dairy cows.  They are so sweet.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the little girl with her cow. So cute! Thanks for the lead to the journal of people who had a huge mess to clean up. I thought of taking pictures but didn't. Our trailer was a looong flat bed and it was all covered with junk where their stuff was stacked. John tries to be Mr. Nice Guy and doesn't lay the law down when they move in. Oh well I've been rid of mine for a while and they are sold. Hope all your little chickies are well. Paula

Anonymous said...

As you probably know, Jersey cows are my FAVORITES!  You can't see all the fair in a day.  That's why I often take grandkids and stay two or three days.

Anonymous said...

More great shots...the little girl with the cow is terrific.  I can see she loves her cow - how cute.  They are pretty cattle, I guess alot of care goes into getting them ready to show.  I was struck by the last picture, how beautiful she is.  You guys really make a day of it, that's the way to do it.
xoxo
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the one of the girl with her cow.  It was so cute!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love dairy cows. They have such sweet faces...

Followers