About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Queen of Clutzville

I don't know what it is about me and balance. I am just a clumsy person to boot. Last winter I pitched myself off the top of the porch steps and damaged my thumb and had all kinds of aches and pains in places I didnt know could have aches and pains, along with lovely gashes in my leg from coming down on the corner of the wooden step.

This morning balance eluded me again. The alarm went off...and I reached over to turn it off...but for some reason decided I needed to raise myself onto my hands and knees on the bed before reaching over to the alarm clock on the table next to the bed to turn it off. In reaching for the clock radio I lost my balance, but grabbing a hold of the alarm clock was no help as it toppled and started to fall off the table...well instinctively I tried to keep it from falling, fumbling even more...

"IAN I AM FALLING OFF THE BED!" I yelled...as he is half asleep himself. I grabbed for the covers, hoping to make purchase and pull myself back out of the falling position...instead grabbing a pillow and flinging it off across the room as I tumbled towards the floor. CRACK. That was the sound of the back of my head hitting the table as I seemingly flew off the bed. Of course being on my hands and knees made the fall even further to the floor. KAWHUMP as my butt and back took the abuse of crashing to the floor.

Ian was like OH MY GOD are you alright??? Rubbing just the right spot (could he find it on my head because it was already a knot?) to ease the pain on my cracked noggin. I sat there, waiting for the pain to subside...trying not to cry. But I cried...cause it scared the heck out of me, not because of the pain. Because pitching yourself out of the bed while half asleep is scary when you get older. It seems to take an eternity to hit the dang floor, and once you are there you just want to stay there for a while.

I am fine now, suprisingly I have no headache..my back is a little stiff...but I will be alright.

Getting old aint for sissies is it...dang, what a way to start the morning. So, I went back to bed...I deserved it, I wanted to start over anyway. So here I am late in the day...don't much matter, I feel better for it. I slept until 10:30 and I am not sorry for it. Not going to feel guilty about it or anything like that. Having my coffee and enjoying my day so far...now. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly please visit your doctor and tell him to check your sugar as well as salt, if you have to much or to little in your system both will make you dizzy and fall, ask me I know, one week I was put on a low sugar diet, and a few weeks later I was put on a low salt diet, I try hard to stay on both, for I still have that problem, but not near as bad, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PROMISE ME YOU WILL HAVE IT CHECKED, strange things can happen while you are driving and you not only maybe hurt yourself, but someone else also. Love ya, Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hope you put ice on that knot on your head. I sure hope you didn't do any permanent damage to your back. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about a rude awakening!  I'm glad to hear you aren't feeling too bad, you are lucky you didn't crack your head open.  I'm glad you had a chance to sleep in, heck yea you should have!
Take care & enjoy the rest of the day.
Lisa
PS) thanks for all the information on yellow jackets...I never knew why they were so aggressive at the end of summer.  Good stuff to know.  I hate them too!!!!!  

Anonymous said...

wow if that was me it wouldn't surprise me but you are too young for those antics. Maybe you should do as Jackie said and check it out with a doctor. Glad you were able to sleep in. Paula

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart!  What a way to wake up!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Awww, well I'm glad Ian didn't laugh at you.  Linda

Followers