About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Weekend Is Around The Corner

Its that time of the week again. Its Friday. Time to get ready for the weekend.

Going to the store later, got to get chores done before the rain comes in. The weather guessers keep saying its coming, but so far the sun is out. Its breezy and warm.

This week I have decided two things. One, no more people in the back yard with the animals, at all. Once the emus get big it might not be such a good idea anymore anyway.

Two, I am going to enter the show with Kuckoo and Coco. They are easy to handle and I have a unanimous vote to do so, so I will give a call back to the guy and enter them. Thanks for everyones encouragement. :) Sometimes I need it more than you know to get off my butt and do things.

Y'all know by now I have started taking the weekends off from the computer. This has put me way behind in reading journals, but, if I havent gotten over to visit yet, dont give up on me. You are in my email alerts and I will come by soon. :)

I leave you with a few pictures I took yesterday of the other fancy babies I have been hatching other than those chocolate/golden silkie Phoenix chicks.

Everyone have a great weekend. See y'all on Monday.

 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Picture one is of two silkie chicks I got out of the bunch.

Second picture is of serama, sultans, silkies, and the chocolate chicks.

Third is a shot of one of the sultan babies.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep that rain is coming. I just pray that do tornadoes will be in this batch of storms. I think you made a wise decision to keep people away from your animals. Good for you making a decision to shows those two in the show. All those babies are so cute. I love that third picture with the closeup of it's little topknot. Have a nice weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

want to come vist NY and bring me some babies???
Becky

Anonymous said...

Becky took the words right out of my mouth. Nice to see you have another NY'er visiting. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the babies.  I really don't blame you about not letting anyone into the back yard.  Have a geat weekend.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

OH my  what a bunch!  I love them!  So do they all lay eggs??  lol Prob a silly question but I have not clue!  I wish I could buy my chickens from you ;)  They are adorable!  Glad you decided to show your chickens :)  

Anonymous said...

I AM YOUR FRIEND......And I aprove these decisions!  

Anonymous said...

Real life always comes before journals.  If reading journals gets to feeling like a job, it's time to put it on the back burner.

Anonymous said...

They look so soft. No wonder you love them so. Paula

Anonymous said...

Those chicks are just adorable!  I was in Atlanta for 5 hrs on Thursday, I should of rented a car and come to see you.  I think its a good idea about not letting people back there.  Someone might get hurt and sue the pants off you!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Ok My hubby gave me the go ahead to get chicks!  I'm exited but need some help on HOW to FIND the chicks! lol  We looked at getting chicks that are cold hardy...so we would like to get Sussex, Delaware and Plymouth rock chickens...oh and  two Ameraucanas.  We want five to start and see where that takes us.  Can you give me a tip on where we could by different breeds of birds and only ONE of them.  Well we wanted a male Ameraucana and a female... so two of those.  Any info will be very helpful!  :)  

Anonymous said...

I love the babies...awwwww...they are so darn cute!!  I am really happy to hear you've opted not to let people in the back....smart!
xxx
Lisa

Followers