About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year old woman that is about as happy and content as one person can be. My husband of 21 years and our 15 year old daughter live on five and a half acres out in the country. We moved from the city four years ago and never looked back. I homeschool our daughter. We also love our animals. Our daughter has a miniature horse and two rabbits. We also have a border collie, two cats (again), two pot belly pigs, four peafowl, three emus, 2 llamas and an undetermined number of chickens, lets just say ohhh about 200. I have many breeds, from layers to fancy chickens. I love poultry shows, I love fowl in general as I have come to find out through having more than just chickens. Chickens will always be my first love though. I do show some of my birds occasionally.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Oldest Friend

I love this lady...she is my oldest friend. We have been friends since we were thirteen years old. There have been good times and bad times between us, but our friendship has prevailed.

 

P4030005

We don't always see eye to eye on some issues...but that is not important. We agree to disagree and move on. For the most part we are pretty much just easy going and love each others company when we get the chance...which is not often.

I am worried about her. I hope I am wrong...but I think that something is not right in her life.

A while back she had mentioned to me that she was almost 40 and basicly things were not the way she wanted them to be by now. I know we all take a step back from time to time and analyze our lives...and sometimes we don't like what we see...especially if we compare our lives to others.

Reading about Marys ex, that is her friend also..makes me think of my friends restlessness.

I wrote her a letter...a letter of encouragement. I wanted her to know that I was not mad at her, could never be mad at her. I think she may think I am because she forgot about calling me that Wednesday that she had marked down on the calendar and then forgetting she was supposed to come up that weekend.

I think that her life is too busy. She is stressed. I did tell her that you have to choose to be happy when you get up in the morning. Sometimes it is hard, I know. But you have to try to be happy. I told her she has 2 beautiful children, a roof over her head and a man that loves her very much. Her children are not perfect, her house is not perfect and her man is not perfect. I don't think any of us achieve total perfection. But we have to try and make the best of the world we have made for ourselves...and if change is needed, then don't stray from your goal.

I am afraid that she is straying from her family. There is a lady that has recently reappeared in her life. I have never met her...but she seems bossy and pushy...from what I have observed and heard. I will tell you more...but I better save this much...brb

I called her one Saturday night about ohhh I dont know its been over a month now...about 10:30 at night. I thought, hey, its saturday night, nothing pressing should be going on at this time, good time to talk a while on the phone. Tracy is her name. She has one of those smokers gravely voices too...ugh. I hear her in the background and she keeps asking Sherry questions, where does this go, where do you want this. I asked Sherry what was going on and she told me Tracy was there helping her clean her house. That is all fine and good, but then I hear her boss Sherry and tell her she needs to get off the phone and help her clean. I told Sherry to tell her that I was calling long distance to talk to my dearest oldest friend and cleaning could WAIT. She did. That shut her up, for a minute at least.

Now, on more than one occasion I have called Sherrys house to have Tracy pick up the phone. Once when NOBODY was home and once when people were home. What is going on? Is she taking over the house?

I talked to Kelly, that is her long time boyfriend of 14 years, also the father of their youngest, Kelsey.

It seems he is not too fond of Tracy. It seems Sherry is never home anymore. It seems that she is lodged up Tracys rear most of the time. So she has time to stay away from home and hang out with Tracy, but not to take a minute to call me. Yeah, I know, I sound sarcastic...and I am being sarcastic. But I am not mad, just concerned. I am concerned because Sherry has made mention of how fancy and nice and fashionable Tracys home is, and she wished hers was that way I know. But she cannot afford all the fancy window dressings and things like that. Its not practical. Yet Sherry tells me Tracy has suggested she should take down the blankets covering Kelseys windows and put up some nice blinds. That is great, is Tracy gonna buy the blinds for her?

I don't know what to make of it all just yet. I do know that Kelly said in a low sighing voice that maybe Sherry will come back down to earth sooner or later, he hoped.

I don't keep many friends. I have been burned so many times over the years...I just rather not even go there. We are the result of trials and tribulations, fights and making up, the good the bad and the ugly all worked up into one pot. The main ingredient in our relationship has and always will be LOVE. I love her...and I want her to be happy, but I don't think that Tracy is the way to happiness.

Okay, just wanted to talk all that out...see...I don't have chickens on the brain ALL the time...he he...

Anyway, the letter is sent out...we will see what happens when she gets it, if she will call me like I asked, just take the time to call, just for a minute. So we can get together face to face and talk. I can come down there, its no problem. All she has to do is ask and I will be there. I have and always will be here.

Lets hope I am way off base...but my intuition tells me I am not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly keep us informed about your friend ~ it does sound odd ~ I hope you are way off base ~ but intuition is very rarely wrong ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Am I nuts or what? I thought I was going to see a picture or a site about the cow thingy. I thought I had seen this picture of your friend before. Please tell me I am not losing it. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Interesting story, I hope the situation settles down and Sherry doesn't let Tracy talk her into doing something drastic.  Let us know what happens with the letter.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great picture, but I can't help thinking main course and dessert. Sorry!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I hope that everything works out for your friend Kelly.  Let us know how it goes.  Hollie

Anonymous said...

Yes, its hard to see someone in a difficult situation.  Linda

Followers